Due to current safety concerns regarding COVID-19 planning for the Grand River Blues Camp 2021 is currently on hold.
Please watch this site for updates.
We want to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors!! Many of whom have been with us since the start and we really could not run the Camp without them.
Please support them during this time and thank them for supporting the Blues Camp.
Bobby O'Briens - https://www.bobbyskitchener.com/
Central Ontario Musicians' Union - https://www.centralontariomusicians.org/
Ethel's Lounge (Glen Smith) - https://ethelslounge.com/
Gary Attack Financial - https://www.ghafinancial.com/
Dr. Gregory Fichter - https://www.fichterdentistry.ca/services
Lancaster Smokehouse - https://lancsmokehouse.com/
Try City Music (Dave Spruce) - http://www.citypawnbrokers.ca/trycitymusic
For many students, teachers and fans, the "Blues Camp" is one of the highlights of their musical year and we are hopeful for a 2021 Camp. We will continue to monitor Public Health Ontario and the Kitchener Blues Festival, updates will provided on this site as information becomes available.
We sincerely, hope that music continues to sustain and inspire you during this time.
Take precautions to stay safe and good health to you and yours.
Your Grand River Blues Camp Administration
Need More Information?
THE GRAND RIVER BLUES CAMP is a week-long day camp each August that provides an intensive learning experience for young, aspiring musicians, who want to perform! The camp is a perfect supplement to private lessons and practicing. Participants, play with other young artists and learn from and perform with local, professional blues musicians. The camp is a great opportunity to improve your music skills and to learn about blues. The music that is the foundation for rock, hip hop, R&B and most modern popular music. At the culmination of the week's camp you will perform at the internationally renown TD Kitchener Blues Festival.
- You are between 12 and 18 years of age (with exceptions)
- You play guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, horns, harmonica, vocals
- You have acquired basic skills on your instrument
- You want to learn to play the blues
- You want to PLAY AT THE TD KITCHENER BLUES FESTIVAL!
- You want to make new friends and meet other young musicians
- You want to learn from working professional blues musicians
- You want to learn blues licks and techniques
- You want to form your own band/group
- You want to learn to perform on stage and jam with the Pros
- You want to learn to set up sound system and stage equipment
- You want to compose some original blues music
For more information on
Blues Camp, please email: